Hi everyone ...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnB

Reaction score
Hi everyone, JB here, a retiring truck driver from Lincoln (UK). Complete newbie to brewing, but loads of enthusiasm to drink beer.

Anyway, I had some old brewing stuff kicking about in the shed, an FV and a pressure barrel (mis-spent youth experimenting with lager); and a coil of copper pipe wound inside an old bucket - no idea what that was for! And I decided it might be a good retirement thing to have 'a bit of a go'. Everything has been thoroughly sterilized at least twenty times - just to be safe - and I'm about to crack open this LME kit. I have read on the forum that some of these kits contain some hops, but mine definitely doesn't. Still, I'll have a go over the weekend - wish me luck.

Lastly in my intro ... I may ask some stupid questions, please bear with me on that cos I know how to drink it but not how to make it. Currently starting a Munton's NBA and I also have a kit that I remember from brewing a few years ago from Milestone - the 'Black Pearl'. I like dark gutsy beers, oh, and light fruity beers, maybe the odd lager and perhaps a nice IPA.

ATB,
JohnB.

and a coil of copper pipe wound inside an old bucket - no idea what that was for!

Welcome to the forum John, the copper coil is an immersion wort chiller.

Last edited:
Welcome John.....Dark Beers here John my 6abv historic Porter is great .......all here to help when a can get on here.:thumb:

Welcome to The Forum! athumb..

With a Kit the LME is already "hopped" in line with the manufacturers desires, so not having any with the Kit isn't a problem.

There's no such thing as a "stupid question!" so ask away!

Thanks for the welcome everyone. The Munton's NBA is well on its way and burbling nicely - bit like a kid in an 'Olde sweete shoppe' - is it ready yet? Nice guitar Dunkocaster, gotta assume it's a 'strat'?

Latest posts

Back