Hi everyone!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teknosis

Reaction score
Hi,
I’ve been brewing wine and beer for about 30 years. Finally have a bit more space, time and cash so looking to up my game a bit.
I usually bottle beer in plastic 1L bottles or grolsch style bottles. I tried a king keg PB last year. Costing me so much in CO2 bulbs as it’s leaking somewhere. Been reading about the tales of woe with barrels so still not sure whether it’s worth pursuing or revert back to bottles. I’ll read a few more of the old posts.

I’ve brewed a few wines from scratch and made my first cider last year which turned out surprisingly well. Bought some cider apple trees so in a few years…
Also keep bees so mead is something else I want to have a go at.

I want to try all grain brews as well and move away from kits, maybe next year…

Cheers,
Jason

Hi,
I’ve been brewing wine and beer for about 30 years. Finally have a bit more space, time and cash so looking to up my game a bit.
I usually bottle beer in plastic 1L bottles or grolsch style bottles. I tried a king keg PB last year. Costing me so much in CO2 bulbs as it’s leaking somewhere. Been reading about the tales of woe with barrels so still not sure whether it’s worth pursuing or revert back to bottles. I’ll read a few more of the old posts.

I’ve brewed a few wines from scratch and made my first cider last year which turned out surprisingly well. Bought some cider apple trees so in a few years…
Also keep bees so mead is something else I want to have a go at.

I want to try all grain brews as well and move away from kits, maybe next year…

Cheers,
Jason
Hi Jason

I tried using PB kegs a couple of years ago and have never wasted as much beer as I did then. Some people seem to make them work, but I am not one of them

Cornelius kegs are brilliant but pricey. I only use these now

Hi OB
people keep saying kegging is expensive but and I am sure you will agree with this whatever you pay for them you can get the money back by resale so actually apart from the Co2 and a few consumables is very reasonable.
I paid £30 for most of my corny kegs of which I have 11 now and could quite easily get a minimum of £50 plus for them now so in reality they are a investment that you can use.
May seem a strange way of looking at it but it is true athumb..

Hi OB
people keep saying kegging is expensive but and I am sure you will agree with this whatever you pay for them you can get the money back by resale so actually apart from the Co2 and a few consumables is very reasonable.
I paid £30 for most of my corny kegs of which I have 11 now and could quite easily get a minimum of £50 plus for them now so in reality they are a investment that you can use.
May seem a strange way of looking at it but it is true athumb..
Totally agree Mr B :hat:

Not strange but reality

The initial cost puts some people off - but the advantages are many fold. From my perspective the beer serves better, and you have more control over carbonation unlike bottles. Too gassy let some CO2 out, too flat add some more

Best wishes

OB

Latest posts

Back