Hi from Australia

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrumpyPaul

Reaction score
Hi there.

There has been a recent mention of this forum, and how active it is on the Australian sister forum Aussie Home Brewer. So I thought I'd give check you out.

I've been brewing for about 12 years. Started doing kits and bits, moved to Brew in a bag, to a 3V system and recently to a 35l Guten.

Have moved from the suburbs to the country last year and bought a small farm. So i have a lot less time to brew these days with all the farm chores.

But still love being and try to do it often enough that there is always a keg on tap

Cheers and beers folks.
GrumpyPaul

Hi there.

There has been a recent mention of this forum, and how active it is on the Australian sister forum Aussie Home Brewer. So I thought I'd give check you out.

I've been brewing for about 12 years. Started doing kits and bits, moved to Brew in a bag, to a 3V system and recently to a 35l Guten.

Have moved from the suburbs to the country last year and bought a small farm. So i have a lot less time to brew these days with all the farm chores.

But still love being and try to do it often enough that there is always a keg on tap

Cheers and beers folks.
GrumpyPaul
There goes the neighbourhood, I came over here to get away from that cesspit.

Welcome Grumpy. Glad we're becoming infamous down under. It's a big country, though, so which bit of it are you in?
I'm doing quite a few Aussie and NZ beers at the moment. Just bottled up a recipe from SmallBatch called simply Australian Ale. Tastes OK, very reminiscent of a Whitbread beer done well. Cost me more than the hops for the postage on a bag of PoR, though.
What do you like brewing and drinking ?

Hey, I lurk on that forum, too, it's OK once you get past all the advertising for their major sponsor.
Nothing wrong with the forum, its the administration and mods which are the problem. Made it into a graveyard, mind you some of those in the graveyard creep out of the crypt and post.

Hi Grumpy Paul and welcome to a vibrant forum, if you are thinking of taking up a moderators post again on AHB, look and learn how Chippy Tea operates. He doesn't slash and burn members posts. Moderating is fair even though I have had my wings clipped.

Welcome Grumpy. Glad we're becoming infamous down under. It's a big country, though, so which bit of it are you in?
I'm doing quite a few Aussie and NZ beers at the moment. Just bottled up a recipe from SmallBatch called simply Australian Ale. Tastes OK, very reminiscent of a Whitbread beer done well. Cost me more than the hops for the postage on a bag of PoR, though.
What do you like brewing and drinking ?

I'm from down south. State of Victoria, a city called Pakenham Upper (about an hour East is Melbourne)

Drinking preference is always the hoppiest thing I can find. So IPAs, NEIPAs DIPAs.....

Brewing preference is something a bit quirky or different, and the Hoppy ones.

Currently drinking my Blackberry Gose. With homegrown blackberries.

I never joined either Australian forums mainly due to the inactivity, I did watch them for a while but came across this forum which seemed friendly, fun and very active. I do belong to another forum which is also active but it is 100% serious brewing.
I did work in a brewery in Collingwood before coming back to my roots here in Eskdale.

Emma

Latest posts

Back