Hi from Birmingham

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_Ron

Reaction score
Hi team,

I’ve brewed some AG ales and some cheap strong cider in the past and am currently trying my hand at hedgerow wine. Joined the forum for some advice and maybe share some tips I’ve picked up.

Aaron

Hi and a warm welcome, hedgerow wines are really good fun, you can make wine from nearly anything in your garden and the strength is wholly controllable. I'm no expert but have had fun going through the garden in the summer making wine from fruits and lemon balm leaves. If it's something you think you might do more than once or twice, I recommend getting the additional ingredients separately (tannin, nutrient, acids etc) rather than buying the hedgerow wine kits. It gives you more control and is cheaper in the long run.

Anna

Hi and a warm welcome, hedgerow wines are really good fun, you can make wine from nearly anything in your garden and the strength is wholly controllable. I'm no expert but have had fun going through the garden in the summer making wine from fruits and lemon balm leaves. If it's something you think you might do more than once or twice, I recommend getting the additional ingredients separately (tannin, nutrient, acids etc) rather than buying the hedgerow wine kits. It gives you more control and is cheaper in the long run.

Anna
Thanks for the advice! We got some thick bramble at the allotment and have a bountiful sloe spot. Haven’t had such luck finding haw or elder unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back