Hi from Bradford

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Downey

Reaction score
Complete novice looking at doing an introductory course on brewing at the Brew School in Bakewell Derbyshire.
would appreciate any thoughts on it from you knowledgeable people especially if anybody on here has been to the Brew School.

Do it if you want to Paul but you can learn as much from this forum and Youtube, many knowledgeable brewers on here with loads of experience just ask away and do not believe everything you are told as 2 brewers will have different ideas just read between the lines and go for it. If you make a mistake and you will do not worry its only beer and some of the best beers are made by accident/mistakes

Thanks for your reply, Think i'll do some swotting on this forum and you tube as you say before spending hard earned on a course. My main interest is in brewing Craft ale for my Home bar in which I have an Autovac handpump. So not looking at bottling, would hope to use bag in box for my brews.

+1 Mr Baron I am drinking one at the moment, I just bought a crafty hen and a Abbotts Reserve for comparison tests later, it was a knock up the hops were challenger and I just chucked in some tettnanger I had left got 24 bottles should have been 30, I did not take notes doh but what a beer acheers.

Enjoy Paul. Do whatever you like but you will learn tons off of these guys for free! Everyone on here has been fantastic & with so many other learning resources I would spend the money on equipment & brews. Cheers acheers.

Hi Paul. Save your money. Get Greg Hughes Home Brew Beer from Amazon- the older and therefore cheaper edition is just as good as the new one- read it and learn. As the Baron and others have said, there are plenty of experienced brewers on this forum to help you with any questions.

Yes you will pick the old edition up second hand from one of the main book sellers on Ebay for bugger all loads of reading and good recipes to use or base on

Complete novice looking at doing an introductory course on brewing at the Brew School in Bakewell Derbyshire.
would appreciate any thoughts on it from you knowledgeable people especially if anybody on here has been to the Brew School.
Read this
Basic beginners guide to brewing your own beer from a kit - The HomeBrew Forum
Buy the basic equipment
Buy a kit or two (premium quality kits are more expensive but usually deliver best results) and get some experience under your belt. Ask questions on the Forum, that's what it's for.
Decide if homebrewing is for you.
And if so then decide if you would still like to benefit from the course.
But be aware many on here won't have been on a course but still brew good beer. athumb..

OK guys thanks for your replies, I'll order the Greg Hughes book, do some reading and be back soon with probably a bagful of questions :?:.

Latest posts

Back