Hi from Cheshire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enough of us for a local homebrew club !
Sounds like a great idea
... I heard there was a club, or at least a bunch of homebrewers getting together for beers and brewing chat (which is I guess all it takes to be a club :?:), running at the Beer Emporium in Sandbach for a while ... but I must admit I never got across to it, any of you guys get to attend?

The Macc homebrew club is very active though, at least they were when meeting up in bars was allowed ... @Sadfield any news on when things may be starting up again? There may be some potential new members viewing this thread athumb..

Cheers, PhilB

... I heard there was a club, or at least a bunch of homebrewers getting together for beers and brewing chat (which is I guess all it takes to be a club :?:), running at the Beer Emporium in Sandbach for a while ... but I must admit I never got across to it, any of you guys get to attend?

The Macc homebrew club is very active though, at least they were when meeting up in bars was allowed ... @Sadfield any news on when things may be starting up again? There may be some potential new members viewing this thread athumb..

Cheers, PhilB

Cheers, @PhilBrew. Nothing on the horizon just yet I'm afraid. It's doubtful how feasible meetings would be at our usual venue under distancing measures, and there isn't much desire at the moment to ask or expect them to give up any of their limited capacity to a group that will largely be drinking their own beers.

Hopefully, there may be some more positive news regarding Leek homebrew club in the next month or so.

Cheers, @PhilBrew. Nothing on the horizon just yet I'm afraid. It's doubtful how feasible meetings would be at our usual venue under distancing measures, and there isn't much desire at the moment to ask or expect them to give up any of their limited capacity to a group that will largely be drinking their own beers.

Hopefully, there may be some more positive news regarding Leek homebrew club in the next month or so.

shame this, I moved to Chelford just before lock down, was hoping to get involved

Sounds like there's enough interest for a South East Cheshire super-club, perhaps with meetings in the Congo. 😂
I reckon Crewe as an option if you lot are up for it. Certainly Chelford, Holmes Chapel and Sandbach are all on the same train line to Crewe and I think Alsager and Congleton on the other line to Crewe. So no need to drive and can do some proper sampling! Maybe at that little brewery or the Belgian place?

I could likely wrangle us a private space at The Bears Head in Brereton, but like said not the best location unless your driving (I cycle it! 🤪 And wobble home)

I reckon Crewe as an option if you lot are up for it. Certainly Chelford, Holmes Chapel and Sandbach are all on the same train line to Crewe and I think Alsager and Congleton on the other line to Crewe. So no need to drive and can do some proper sampling! Maybe at that little brewery or the Belgian place?

Yep, Crewe an option for those of us in Chelford, Holmes Chapel and Sandbach, however as @Sadfield says, it's not likely any hostelry will provide valuable seating area for a bunch of homebrewers bringing their own produce ashock1

There's always an option of a beer garden meeting in someones back garden?

Sorry to both simultaneously crash and resurrect a old thread, but I thought it was the best way to give fair warning.

Not sure if it's local enough for anyone, or of interest, but there is rather a large wild hop bush in Holmes Chapel (to big for just me alone). They should be almost ready for picking now, so if anyone wants the details please let me know. I'll be headed down Thursday night to have a look and maybe a pick.

Cheers, Nick

Hi Nick, sounds promising, I’m away until the weekend but would be interested to learn their location as I’m on the doorstep. If you’re able to meet up sometime next week or let me know the locale please DM to arrange an amenable time. Thanks, Rob athumb..

Latest posts

Back