Hi from County Durham

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bold_Ron

Reaction score
Hi all,

It's been a while since I joined the forum and it's probably way past the time I should have posted here but finally...

My memories of homebrew from many years back were of the foul brews produced from Boot's kits brewed in an airing cupboard to save money catering for student parties, hence DJs and PBs gathered dust in the garage for a couple of decades.

A move to a rural location a few years back prompted a revival in the interest. First a few country wines, then cider due to the amount of apple trees in the area then beer (kits at present due to work and renovation limiting the 'free' time I'm allowed to pursue individual hobbies - funny how accompanying Her Indoors on clothes shopping trips seem to be allowable diversions though).

Anyhow, from inauspicious beginnings I now find myself with a 'spare' room full of bottles, fermenters, brew fridges, cornies and fruit presses. I'm yet to have a go at AG but do have a mash tun and boiler sat in the garage awaiting the latest 'final' house project to complete.

Thanks to all for some of the tips and advice I've picked up from here over the months and I hope to add something back now that I'm less busy - hope springs eternal!

Cheers

Not at all. I'm from the other side of the Pennines originally - just fancied a change of scenery. I'm just across the border from North Yorkshire - in fact many of my new neighbours insist they still are in North Yorkshire and refuse to accept the boundary change.

Latest posts

Back