Hi from Inverness

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerOclock

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been AG brewing for 3 years, on homemade 3 vessel SS system. Still tweaking the ‘pots’, and doubled the heating elements in kettle and LT at weekend after putting a ring with 32A in the garage, for the extra wattage !

Brewing mainly IPAs, particularly Brewdog, but planning on a RIS in 2 weeks, for Xmas.

Building a yeast bank, and have a rotating collection of Petri dishes in the brew fridge.

4 corny kegs, 2 of which in a hacked fridge. Also got a pressure barrel for low carb bitters. Timothy Taylor Landlord brewed at weekend destined for that.

Just started playing with water chemistry, which is a bit easier where I am as the water is soft, with low alkalinity.

Cheers !

Welcome!
Your setup sounds excellent!
Looks though I'm about to move back to Skye, after staying in SW Scotland for over 3 years. Can't wait to get back north!

Hi dude ...

You seem to know what your doing , I don’t . I am in Nairn but work in ness . You do any wines or ciders ?

Scott acheers.

Hi all,

Been AG brewing for 3 years, on homemade 3 vessel SS system. Still tweaking the ‘pots’, and doubled the heating elements in kettle and LT at weekend after putting a ring with 32A in the garage, for the extra wattage !

Brewing mainly IPAs, particularly Brewdog, but planning on a RIS in 2 weeks, for Xmas.

Building a yeast bank, and have a rotating collection of Petri dishes in the brew fridge.

4 corny kegs, 2 of which in a hacked fridge. Also got a pressure barrel for low carb bitters. Timothy Taylor Landlord brewed at weekend destined for that.

Just started playing with water chemistry, which is a bit easier where I am as the water is soft, with low alkalinity.

Cheers !
Welcome to the forum

Good to see another brewer up North, I’m through in Elgin.

Hi.
I'm new to brewing and thought that I'd start with cider. First batch is not drinkable yet, but is improving. I registered as a small cider producer with HMRC as I should be able to sell cider through my wife's pub, the Aberdeen Arms in Tarland. Hoping to be bottling and filling an odd keg by the end of summer. Just messing around just now until I retire in one years time, then aiming to do cider, beer and some spirits from my garage if HMRC give me a licence. Any advice from experienced cider producers appreciated.
George.

Hi.
I'm new to brewing and thought that I'd start with cider. First batch is not drinkable yet, but is improving. I registered as a small cider producer with HMRC as I should be able to sell cider through my wife's pub, the Aberdeen Arms in Tarland. Hoping to be bottling and filling an odd keg by the end of summer. Just messing around just now until I retire in one years time, then aiming to do cider, beer and some spirits from my garage if HMRC give me a licence. Any advice from experienced cider producers appreciated.
George.

Welcome to The Forum?

Hi.
George.
Great to have a guaranteed place to sell your drinks!

Back