Hi from Ireland

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breihz

Reaction score
Hi all, just a brief intro really... I've been home brewing for the last 5 years off and on, more on these days! As most newcomers I started off with extract brewing which has been relatively successful, if a little restrictive. So I'm now going to move onto all grain brewing, not sure if I'm going to start with an all in one method or go straight to the 3 pot method. Open to suggestions really. Space is not an issue for me as I have a huge workshop which I can use, or just continue in my house. Heating and keeping warm a fermentation could be an issue in my workshop, so undecided on what equipment to use really...suggestions? I'm looking forward to enjoying and taking part in the forum.

Welcome Breihz. If space isn't an issue, I'd go with the three pots, then you can always increase capacity in case you want to turn your workshop into a microbrewery. What stuff do you like making / drinking?

Welcome Breihz. If space isn't an issue, I'd go with the three pots, then you can always increase capacity in case you want to turn your workshop into a microbrewery. What stuff do you like making / drinking?

Yes thats the way I'm currently thinking. I like IPA's, UK Bitter's, UK Ales, along with tasty smooth stouts & just abut any flavoursome ale, beer, lager really.

Hi all, just a brief intro really... I've been home brewing for the last 5 years off and on, more on these days! As most newcomers I started off with extract brewing which has been relatively successful, if a little restrictive. So I'm now going to move onto all grain brewing, not sure if I'm going to start with an all in one method or go straight to the 3 pot method. Open to suggestions really. Space is not an issue for me as I have a huge workshop which I can use, or just continue in my house. Heating and keeping warm a fermentation could be an issue in my workshop, so undecided on what equipment to use really...suggestions? I'm looking forward to enjoying and taking part in the forum.
Hi what part of Ireland, I am from Derry

Hi what part of Ireland, I am from Derry
Hi, I'm Cork based, near Mallow, out in the countryside ... the opposite end of the country ;-) Hope you are keeping well in these strange times!

Hi, I'm Cork based, near Mallow, out in the countryside ... the opposite end of the country ;-) Hope you are keeping well in these strange times!
Total lock down, Derry is only starting to see the start of it. Out in the country side is the safest spot. When this blows over I will be happy to swap some beer with you👍

Total lock down, Derry is only starting to see the start of it. Out in the country side is the safest spot. When this blows over I will be happy to swap some beer with you👍
I hear you! We've been locked down for 3 weeks now too... thank goodness for home brewing, online brew supplies and DPD couriers! I'll be looking forward to swapping beers with you in the new World for sure!!! :smallcheers:

Welcome aboard to this fine forum but you gotta watch those Derry men, crafty buggers they are. Cork County is another beautiful part of this country especially Cobh and as history would have it was the last place the Titanic set sale from.
Foto wildlife was wonderful and visited it a few times as well as Youghal.

Latest posts

Back