Hi from Scotland.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saabanana

Reaction score
I'm in Fife, Scotland, although originally from Liverpool. Have lived here for close to thirty years now.

I brewed a lot of one gallon wines and Prohibition kits twenty years or so ago when the kids were young but gave all my equipment away during a house move years back. My now adult daughter bought me a Brooklyn Brewshop all grain Everyday IPA 1 gallon kit for Christmas, which I really enjoyed making. I do really want to get into all grain brewing, but in the meantime I've got the equipment together for extract beers and wine kits.

We're currently drinking Solomon Grundy Chardonnay and Shiraz, which were just something quick and easy to get us going. I've just bottled a Love Brewing Presidents APA, and I still have a LB pear cider, and LB pinot grigio and 'Red Riocca' to try. Now busy trying to find sufficient beer and wine bottles to put them all in.

Sláinte

Tony

Hi Tony - contrary to popular belief, you don't actually need much kit to do a small batch of top quality all-grain :-) have-a-go-at-simple-ag.51779
Cheers, that's effectively what the Brooklyn Brewshop kit was, I even bought a brew bag to make it easier, I just need to get a much bigger pan, which isn't too far away hopefully.

Tony, welcome from Stirling from a fellow Sassenach. Started off with kits, did a BBS brew and then was lucky enough to buy a 2nd hand Grainfather G30. A great hobby.

Back