Hi from Southend on Sea

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry_R

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm lucky enough to live a few mins walk from Southends first micro brewery, and in 2017 I've been spoiled with two new tap rooms opening up and a new brewery launched :-) ... All this has inspired me to have a go at home brewing. I've got my first batch on the go.... 5 gallons of Chinook IPA, which I just dry hopped today. I had a sneaky taste and so far so good!... looking forward to getting it bottled up and conditioned.
I broke into beer on Websters and Ruddles County 30 odd years ago and although I class myself an 'ale' man I have dipped in and out of lagers, ciders, wines, and whiskys over that time. I'm currently very much into IPA's and especially the American style IPAs.
Looking forward to browsing the topics on this forum.
Cheers!
:cheers8:

Welcome, didn't know Saufend had a micro brewery, will have to check that out next time I'm over. Living in Worcestershire now but grew up in Benfleet so know Southend well. My mum and brother are still there hence why I visit from time to time.

Will do Larry. Planning Pale next, then a Porter, still with extract. Then I'll dip a toe into All Grain and do the three styles again. Thats my plan!

Welcome, didn't know Saufend had a micro brewery, will have to check that out next time I'm over. Living in Worcestershire now but grew up in Benfleet so know Southend well. My mum and brother are still there hence why I visit from time to time.
Haha... I grew up in Benfleet too, near the Zach Wilsher pub.
Yeah, give the micropub a visit, called Mawsons on Southchurch road. Owned by Georges Brewery over at Wakering!

Welcome to the forum Terry, let us know how your Chinook IPA turns out, what're you planning after it?
Will do Larry. Planning Pale next, then a Porter, still with extract. Then I'll dip a toe into All Grain and do the three styles again. Thats my plan!

Back