Hi from Suffolk

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slippers

Reaction score
hi, I’m Simon from Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk. I’ve just started my first brew last weekend, an IPA kit (yes I’m a Greene King fan as I used to work for them, unfortunately not as a brewer or beer taster)

Should be ready to take it out the FB this weekend if the instructions are accurate. Very new to it all so I’m not expecting a wonder beer!

I’m also into photography :)

Attachments

• F33375A4-2D78-467D-9319-9FBEFD98ADB3.jpeg
    F33375A4-2D78-467D-9319-9FBEFD98ADB3.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 70
Welcome to the Forum! :thumb:I won't comment on the photograph apart from suggesting that you don't show it to anyone who is already depressed!:gulp:

PS

Kit instructions are wildly optimistic. My advice is to give it at least two weeks to ferment.

Ok, duly noted thank you. I will test the batch this weekend rather than do it by eye and leave it if I’m not completely happy

Hi, thank you for the welcome and tips. It’s just a Wilko IPA kit to start me off. All going well, I’ll do more. I have a beer shop in my street that sells everything like hops etc. If I get a taste for it and I’m brave enough I’ll give that a go!

Welcome,
I'm just down the road in Newmarket. Beautiful Beers is my closest homebrew shop i can recomend that place, although it's hard not to buy loads of beer when buying indriedients!

Hello,
Not far from you,
Been doing cider first two were an Apple and a pear turned out good
Now got 2x Apple
1 x Apple and blackberry
1x Apple and rhubarb

Back