Hi from way down Melbourne Australia

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foolsdayoff

Reaction score
Hi, Im new (of course) to this forum but have trawled through the threads plenty of times when I've been struggling to figure out stuff, so Im in pretty deep now!
I used to brew about 20 odd years ago and have returned to the fun. Im using glass demijohns (34l, 54l x 2) and just sticking to Coopers extract/kits for now. Ive got two brewing atm, will post a separate thread for my #2 brew issues.
thanks

Hi & welcome
Not too sure how "way down" Melbourne is. Our daughter is in Hobart - and just back from a 4 month tour in Antarctica. Mind you, apparently the Antarctic brewing scene is a lot more active than you might suppose!

Welcome fools-day-off...I'd be interested to hear about your results with Coopers, they're widely available here too.
Interesting handle...

G'day! (and other stereotypes)

dundee.jpg

Welcome.
Tried any of the new range Coopers kits yet? If so what are they like?
Not sure what the new range is. Im only using Coopers atm in different configurations, did a few Canadian Blondes in the late summer, now that its become cooler winter weather Im doing some European Lager kits...

Welcome fools-day-off...I'd be interested to hear about your results with Coopers, they're widely available here too.
Interesting handle...
Hey Marlon, so far Ive done a (my first) Canadian Blonde and used an extract for the sugar as well. I used raw sugar for the bulk priming for bottling so Im thinking this maybe why it had a bit of that ol' home brew (cidery) flavour I remember from when I brewed decades ago. ATM Ive got my #2, #3 brews bottled and still maturing before I try those, I could do a taster of the #2 next weekend when its 3weeks in the bottle so probably have more to report about then...

Hey Marlon, so far Ive done a (my first) Canadian Blonde and used an extract for the sugar as well. I used raw sugar for the bulk priming for bottling so Im thinking this maybe why it had a bit of that ol' home brew (cidery) flavour I remember from when I brewed decades ago. ATM Ive got my #2, #3 brews bottled and still maturing before I try those, I could do a taster of the #2 next weekend when its 3weeks in the bottle so probably have more to report about then...
G'Day FDO, the cidery flavour might go or get less in time. If not - rename it..!? The only Coopers I can remember doing was 20 years or more ago. That one was a Coopers Aussie Bitter. But it too had a curious twang, tasted like cork.- That taste you used to get from a piece of cork in your wine glass..? (In the days before screwtops). It never went unfortunately, but hey, I brewed it - I drank it. Told SWMBO it was great - (she bought it for me). Tell us about #2 & #3 when you try them.

Back