Hi, West Kent based new brewer here

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eightbitraptor

Reaction score
Hi

My first one gallon batch is 4 days into the ferment now, from an extract + steeping grain kit by Northern Brewer I got for my birthday.

I'm already finding myself fascinated by the process, and thinking of things I want to try differently in brew number 2, so I guess that means I've got the bug.

Looking forward to getting stuck in.

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I’m also Kent (Maidstone) and there are several others on the forum from Kent too - Strood, Medway, Sittingbourne, Faversham... Where in Kent are you?

To see where people are, and assuming they take part, have a look at the member map thread and if you want, post your own postcode or area for @Chippy_Tea to add you to the map.

You're hooked. Welcome to the real world.
What did you brew, by the way?

I actually have 2 kits, One is made up and in the FV, but the second one was missing the yeast sachet, and I didn't realise this until after I'd steeped the grains :eek: so I'm waiting on some crystal malt and some safus-05 to arrive from brew2bottle, and then I'll have another crack at brewing something almost but not quite Dead Ringer next time.

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I’m also Kent (Maidstone) and there are several others on the forum from Kent too - Strood, Medway, Sittingbourne, Faversham... Where in Kent are you?

To see where people are, and assuming they take part, have a look at the member map thread and if you want, post your own postcode or area for @Chippy_Tea to add you to the map.

Thanks :) I'm in Sevenoaks. I've had a look about and I can't see that there's much activity around where I am, aside from the Old Oak brew pub, where I am (or was, before lockdown) a regular, and a few places in Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells.

Back