Hi

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oilyrags

Reaction score
New member here. New to this Home Brewing malarkey & currently undergoing a self inflicted crash course on Brewing courtesy of utube, my head's spinning!!
Have 40 pints of IPA in the FV at the moment, as soon as the bin is available going to have a crack at Stout, hopefully by means of extract method. I have to tread careful though, I'm hoping this isn't going to cost as much as my vaping habit or my old woman's going to stick my auto syphon where the current bun doesn't shine! If you get my drift. :-(

Yeah we got your drift :laugh8: How did I get a 20L mash pot into the house? "Look love, I can make lots of soup now :D :D" and I got away with it.

But welcome! Your path to proficiency is interesting: via IPA to extract Stout? I hop it works, and you have an autosyphon, so the rest of the kit is okey dokely too I assume, so everything is going to be alright :cheers7:

Got a recipe already? Need one? How many brews under the belt?

Gerritt, cheers, the IPA's the first, from a kit, not expecting much just a trial run for the real thing. Yes, soup! that'll do it (or not), got an interesting recipe off the net, actually from this forum iirc, going to give that a bash, someone mentioned it was from 'Wheelers Book' whatever that is ! I hop it works too!
Chippy_Tea, thanks for the welcome.
Brew on.

Gerritt, cheers, the IPA's the first, from a kit, not expecting much just a trial run for the real thing. Yes, soup! that'll do it (or not), got an interesting recipe off the net, actually from this forum iirc, going to give that a bash, someone mentioned it was from 'Wheelers Book' whatever that is ! I hop it works too!
Chippy_Tea, thanks for the welcome.
Brew on.
GRAHAM WHEELER from the Camra book "Brew Your Own British Real Ale". It's a classic, very advisable. A good not-so-steep learning curve is to do simple, tasty recipes. Get to know your equipment, your own routines etc. And there are some books that have appropriate recipes. There's a thread here somewehere about it, can't find it at the mo'.

Latest posts

Back