Hi

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi to everyone,
I don’t really know what to say, I’m interested in brewing beer, I have some experience in wine making, but I’m essentially just getting started with beer. although, I’ve been interested in it for some time.

I have made a few kits, just to see if it was actually possible to make a decent beer before I attempted full grain brewing. I have been encouraged by the quality to be honest.

The main issue I have had is the temperature during fermentation.This has really irritated me to be honest. To the point where I thought that if I wanted some sort of consistency, I needed better kit. So I got a Grainfather conical fermenter.

What a wonderful piece of kit! So the kits are a breeze now, and I have been reading anything I can in terms of full grain. I want to get started just as soon as I think I’m in with a chance in terms of kit and knowledge.

Apart from that, I have an allotment, I like growing and preserving, that sort of thing.

That’s it really, I live and work in Doncaster.

Hi Polcho,
I started up again last year after doing a couple of extract brews 30 years ago.
My 11th kit is about to finish and after that I’m doing my first all grain, inspired by Clibit’s thread below - you should read it!
As for kits I have found the Festival kits plus Tiny Rebel Cwtch as the most reliable.
cheers,
Paul
https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/have-a-go-at-simple-ag.51779/

Hi Polcho,
I started up again last year after doing a couple of extract brews 30 years ago.
My 11th kit is about to finish and after that I’m doing my first all grain, inspired by Clibit’s thread below - you should read it!
As for kits I have found the Festival kits plus Tiny Rebel Cwtch as the most reliable.
cheers,
Paul
https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/have-a-go-at-simple-ag.51779/
Hi, yes, it’s the Festival that I have been doing. I have the Razorback IPA just finishing off. It’s been in the King keg for a week tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back