High volume all in one brewery with CIP function (ideas)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul7189

Regular.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of what models of all in one breweries have 50 litre plus end batch size but also support cleaning in place.

I have moved my brewing into the garage and I do not have a sink in there but I do have a drain outside. I was looking at something with a central bottom drain hole so I don't have to move the unit or tip it up to empty the last bits of water or sediment out of it. I don't really have the space for a multi vessel fixed system.

All I can find is the Grainfather G70 which has very mixed reviews (but they are a few years old now) or the brewtools B80 which is out of my price range.

Has anyone come across anything else similar to these?

Thanks!

Hi I'm using the Guten 70 which can do 2x 25 litres to fermenter easily ( depending on gravity). Has a bottom at the side exit hole but empties to near dry with a little tip at the end. You can wipe the last residue out with a cloth quite easily.
Cheaper than a Grainfather, I scoop out the hops and trub as much as possible after transfer then washout with hosepipe and then pump it out using inbuilt pump. Can then recirculate pbw and do a heat cycle, I have used a CIP ball in thru the lid as well but most crud on these all in ones is on the bottom and it's quicker to scrub with a cloth whilst the bottom is full and recirculating. Added advantage of non central drain hole is trub trapper and cone can be formed with whirlpool and then pump out the wort away from this. THe central drain holes you will pump your trub out!
IMG_20220313_163406.jpgIMG_20210530_101037.jpgIMG_20210530_101041.jpg

Hi I'm using the Guten 70 which can do 2x 25 litres to fermenter easily ( depending on gravity). Has a bottom at the side exit hole but empties to near dry with a little tip at the end. You can wipe the last residue out with a cloth quite easily.
Cheaper than a Grainfather, I scoop out the hops and trub as much as possible after transfer then washout with hosepipe and then pump it out using inbuilt pump. Can then recirculate pbw and do a heat cycle, I have used a CIP ball in thru the lid as well but most crud on these all in ones is on the bottom and it's quicker to scrub with a cloth whilst the bottom is full and recirculating. Added advantage of non central drain hole is trub trapper and cone can be formed with whirlpool and then pump out the wort away from this. THe central drain holes you will pump your trub out!

Yeah I was looking at these as well as the brewzilla etc. I might end up going with one of these modes. It’s a shame the g40 has upgrades that the g70 never had. The removal of the central pipe seems great.

I’ve also been looking at the dark farm brew tank but to get it with all of the bits and then if you want a programmable controller it’s the same price as the g70 and I don’t know if either of them are better than the other.

Have to admit lifting the malt pipe not a problem. The malt pipe has three sets of hooks on the side so you just lift a bit and then let it drain a bit and then move it up. THe 50 litre units won't be able to fit as much grain in as the 70 litre unit.
If you can have a pulley in your setup go for it.
The larger capacity has certainly worked out well, high gravity brews are easier, I can go no sparge if needed on smaller batches and the extra volume takes away the worry of a boilover.
Mine works really well, I've upgraded it recently with a SmartPID which now controls the temp and pump and is super accurate, even with the modified pipe work, condenser and controller it cost less than a grainfather.
IMG_20220313_143253.jpg

It would be easy to set something up with a spray ball if you really wanted CIP. I believe the 100 litre Brewzilla has CIP. I have a 60 litre unit and have a hoist, they are cheap and saves you crawling around on the floor. I use the hoist on all my units one of the best purchases I have made.

004.JPG

Latest posts

Back