Highlands Deliveries Question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also look at Kegthat ,very good prices on malt and free uk mainland delivery for orders over £60.

Nope, unfortunately not.

If you try putting the Highlands in with the country set to the UK they tell you to email about international shipping rates.

I tried Black isle brewery and the maltings but they never bothered replying, it was during the main lockdown.though..

Probably all furloughed. But it is the sort of thing that the admin people who answer emails might dismiss, whereas if you get a brewer face-to-face they'll be only too happy to help. Black Isle might be iffy, given their local organic barley shtick. But otherwise it's worth asking around and making the most of what's available locally - a lot of distilleries still use Golden Promise so that may well be an option, whereas any Otter will likely have to be transported up from Norfolk or Hampshire or somewhere.

I used to use Brew store in Edinburgh for ingredients etc...really good service and reasonable delivery charges and free with orders over 60 quid.
These have now ceased having been taken over...are there any other suppliers that dont incur ridiculous charges for postage to highlands..
Thanks
I live near Edinburgh and used to go to the Brewstore. Sad times. Now I’m using GetRBrewed in Northern Ireland. They’ve been brilliant.

https://www.geterbrewed.com/

I’m in the highlands too (Caithness). What I’ve been doing recently is using highlandparcels.com - it’s Menzies behind the scenes but they give you a virtual address on the “real mainland” - get your stuff delivered there (often free based on many suppliers offers), pay a fiver to HP and they take it to your local depot where you can either pick it up (for free) or pay another 5 quid to get it delivered to your door. It does add a couple of extra days onto your delivery but it’s saved me quite a few quid since I’ve started using them!

I also use brewuk who tend to be pretty good on postage.

Yes I have used them in the past, on the virtual! maybe checkout the costs , their depot is less than half mile away from me

Latest posts

Back