Hiya from NZ...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sifty

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi all.
Attended a brew festival recently and accidentally bought a Brewzilla 35 litre. I have no clues about brewing but am enjoying reading up on things. Picking the unit up today and will give it a run through with water next week.
Look forward to making a few brews. Any/all advice will be gratefully received... 🙂

Welcome to the forum, where are you based North or South Island?. I have had lots of helpful advice from this forum.

Hi Sifty, didn't manage to get that far South when i was over there. One of the best holidays i had when we visited your country.
Brother in law lives on North Island just outside Wellington, we have only visited once but can't wait to go back.
What type of beers are you hoping to brew on your Brewzilla, there are some great NZ hops around which give interesting flavours.

Looking at an APA with NZ hops initially. Then keen for a hoppy but floral IPA, a good stout, a hazy IPA, and a mid strength ordinary bitter.

These are my personal preferences but will no doubt branch out once I get into it. Currently gathering bits and pieces I will need. Bought an old fridge at the dump I'm turning into a fermentation chamber, and I like bottles so am gathering lots of 500ml ones. Luckily a local brewery sponsors our footy club so I'm scoring empties from there. 🙂

Have already learned lots from the 'how to' posts on here. Scared it's going to take over, but enjoying it so far...

Latest posts

Back