Hobgoblin 5l Mini Kegs £9.99 Lidl

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Markk

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as per the title. Not sure if this is only my local store or nationwide.

Markk

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha ha, reusing is better than recycling. I’m hoping I’ll be able to get the top out intact and refill it

Arcs

Regular.
Reaction score
That's well, what I was thinking, sorry if it didn't come across that way. Basically any beer I store buy I keep everything and re-use. Next time I come across one of these babies, I'll examine it and see how I can re-use this if possible.

darrellm

Landlord.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Hobgoblin kegs have the hard plastic bung rather than the rubber bug so it's more difficult to get out, can be done though - I've re-used two of them here.

Onlyme

Reaction score
I think the Hobgoblin kegs have the hard plastic bung rather than the rubber bug so it's more difficult to get out, can be done though - I've re-used two of them here.
Mine has a rubber bung...

Junglist69

Reaction score
They've got these in home bargains too. Picked one up to re use for when I'm out and about at mates houses. Will do for an evenings drinking. The 2l growler always gets smashed rather quickly

CoreyG

Reaction score
Just an update on this. I managed to pick up 2 today in my local. Though they weren't in the alcohol section but closer to the 'middle aisle' section if anyone is looking.

AuldLangSyneBrewer

Reaction score
I think my LIDL outlet has run out; and other half didn't like the fact that once broached we basically had 36 hrs max to drink it all before it went flat...lol. He won't buy another; especially as doctor has ordered him "onto the wagon".

I drink alone going forward...