Hobgoblin 5l Mini Kegs £9.99 Lidl

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's well, what I was thinking, sorry if it didn't come across that way. Basically any beer I store buy I keep everything and re-use. Next time I come across one of these babies, I'll examine it and see how I can re-use this if possible.

I think the Hobgoblin kegs have the hard plastic bung rather than the rubber bug so it's more difficult to get out, can be done though - I've re-used two of them here.

I think the Hobgoblin kegs have the hard plastic bung rather than the rubber bug so it's more difficult to get out, can be done though - I've re-used two of them here.

Mine has a rubber bung...

They've got these in home bargains too. Picked one up to re use for when I'm out and about at mates houses. Will do for an evenings drinking. The 2l growler always gets smashed rather quickly

I’ve just noticed on the Lidl app that this keg is available from Friday 29/11/2019 in their ‘Black Friday food’ section.

Gonna try my local on Friday to see if I can pick up 1 (or 2) for Xmas.

Attachments

• 55A8174B-EA6D-4064-8DCD-416F42728990.jpeg
    55A8174B-EA6D-4064-8DCD-416F42728990.jpeg
    14.4 KB · Views: 152
Just an update on this. I managed to pick up 2 today in my local. Though they weren't in the alcohol section but closer to the 'middle aisle' section if anyone is looking.

I think my LIDL outlet has run out; and other half didn't like the fact that once broached we basically had 36 hrs max to drink it all before it went flat...lol. He won't buy another; especially as doctor has ordered him "onto the wagon".

I drink alone going forward...

Latest posts

Back