Hoddy’s Brewing Odyssey

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where's your gas bottle?

I currently just fill the kegs to about 1.5 bar and that's enough for 4/5 pints until it needs topping up.

I've just deliberating over ordering the regulator and adaptor for a soda stream bottle which would sit on the shelf inside above the kegs. Or getting another full size 6kg bottle and regulator and pipe it into the fridge from the side and put it through a four way manifold.

All depends what I can pick up on flea bay Vs buying new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like your set up....I might invest. As for having beers "waiting" for the kegerator...how long will they keep before chilling and tapping if put in a corny?

I like your set up....I might invest. As for having beers "waiting" for the kegerator...how long will they keep before chilling and tapping if put in a corny?

If there not super hoppy hop bombs then they will last months and months and months. And tbh I think a beer isn't properly conditioned for 2/3 weeks once in a keg anyway.

As long as you clean and sanitise properly the beer will last for ever. Hop intensity however will start to deminish after 6-8 weeks if you haven't been really on top of your o2 exposure.

So after a very long day in the veggie patch getting things back to a level of normality following 2 1/2 weeks away on holiday.

You wouldn’t believe how much stuff can grow given the lovely weather and nightly watering by the automatic timer I set up.

I’m now settling down on the patio (my next renovation project to start in a few weeks) with a beer our direct from the draft tap.

Now this is why we spend all this time and money..... for these moments....

IMG_7059.JPG

IMG_7060.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They look like decent taps, one or two of mine don't shut off properly unless you apply pressure against them, really annoying. Do u get any problems from them? Looks great by the way, it's so satisfying pouring your own beer like that then relaxing in the garden.

They look like decent taps, one or two of mine don't shut off properly unless you apply pressure against them, really annoying. Do u get any problems from them? Looks great by the way, it's so satisfying pouring your own beer like that then relaxing in the garden.

I've only had them in about 5 days now and I've used all of them every day [emoji6] no problems so far.

To be honest I took the commitment of going for the genuine intertap draft taps (gen2) with the forward sealing valves rather than there cheaper ones you see around exactly for that reason of sealing problems.

It's not finished just yet. Blackboard paint and drip tray on order....... more pictures to follow.

But your right there is something so good about using a true draft tap rather than a party tap or such like.

Painting it black with blackboard paint is so satisfying! Little tip, don't worry about getting the first coat too good, it kind of doesn't take too well on the fridge surface. Second coat sticks perfectly, I did a third just because.

Are they the SS intertap? I have just ordered a chrome one. I like the way you can change the nozzle and they wont leak. Cool design.

Nah I went with chrome as I couldn't justify the extra for the full SS ones and I don't think you need the SS.

Well happy with mine tho. Although drinking has become a whole load easier.....

Painting it black with blackboard paint is so satisfying! Little tip, don't worry about getting the first coat too good, it kind of doesn't take too well on the fridge surface. Second coat sticks perfectly, I did a third just because.

Did you rub yours down as a key for the first coat? I'm thinking that might be a good idea as I'm not using a primer.

So I’m now home alone for the next week while the wife and kids are off doing a tour round Cornwall visiting family and friends.

Needless to say today was denoted as a brew day.

This is a ongoing development of my last recipe that will hopefully continue to improve on my last NEIPA.

IMG_7076.JPG

Post mash and sparge I was bang on the numbers and also managed (I think) to hit my mash ph.

IMG_7079.JPG

Although given how many times I had to recalibrate the ph meter I’m not completely convinced. Considering investing in better meter.

Anyway hops for whirlpool are measured out

IMG_7077.JPG

This is gonna be a citra / galaxy NEIPA using London fog ale yeast that I grew up in a starter earlier in the week.

The boil is under way.

IMG_7074.JPG
IMG_7078.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I’m now home alone for the next week while the wife and kids are off doing a tour round Cornwall visiting family and friends..........

SNAP! :thumb:

Mine left for Scotland this morning to visit friends and relatives for nearly a week. ukf

I'm currently drinking my third 650ml bottle of Premium Bitter that I brewed back in January of this year ... abigt

... and I'm already missing her so badly that I may have to have a few more! :thumb:

Latest posts

Back