Hods brew shed build phase 2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the biz! You must get an out door power point put in there for some out doors brewing and a music box...
Already planned in for a 4 way distribution board just for it. I think I’m gonna put that in the new extension and run the supplies out to it as it’s quite close to the house. Planning on two 1.5kw halogen heaters to go in there. Plus a couple of double sockets and some lights.

Once I’ve built the pallet sofa in the corner nearest the house and got the sides on I will be like a pig in sh1t.... only a few staggered steps to the draft taps and back I go.....

I want to try and have a good portion of it ready for the Ryder cup so me and my mates can sit outside all day drinking cheering on then Europeans.

IMG_7241.JPG
IMG_7242.JPG
IMG_7243.JPG
IMG_7246.JPG
After doing the kids rugby this morning came back and got stuck into the first lot of the patio. Jesus that's hard work. Made a start on the biggest square area then get on with that and the fiddly bits the rest of the week.

Still no sign of the roof shingles.......

Looking ok tho I think.

Last edited:
You could also consider hiring a string octet to provide some light background listening and tuck them away in a corner of that veranda when you are entertaining.
Maybe also a hogroast, broiler and 6 burner barbecue still leaving plenty of seating room for the guests around the perimeter of the central dance floor...

Maybe consider the wedding venue business in the future?

Joking aside, nice, very nice.

You could also consider hiring a string octet to provide some light background listening and tuck them away in a corner of that veranda when you are entertaining.
Maybe also a hogroast, broiler and 6 burner barbecue still leaving plenty of seating room for the guests around the perimeter of the central dance floor...

Maybe consider the wedding venue business in the future?

Joking aside, nice, very nice.
Cheers thanks. Since we’ve been in this house (7 years) I’ve wanted to get this level of the garden sorted so the last 12 months I’ve been determined to crack on with it.

It never seems to rain with you. Been out in the rain all day.

Are they slate, looks very nice. Get a good protector on them

Yeah blue/black slate. I got them for an absolute bargain and well happy with them. Although a few arent exactly square to be fair. But to get real stone for the same price as fake stone ones they are great. I’ve thought about getting a sealer for them as a few people have said about staining or fading.

Back