Home Bar Celler/Keg store

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson1984

Regular.
Reaction score
So, i'm hoping for help on this one as it's where I draw a real blank.

I have a kegerator - it fits about 3 kegs, maybe 4 at a push - 3 taps in the side and job done.

I also have a tall brew fridge, this fits the same inside. Now this is alot of floor space purely to cool beer.

I am re-working the "bar" and potentially have room for a large chest freezer, which I could turn into a large keezer with more taps and more flexibility... BUT!!!

I'd really like the bar to look like a bar... and not have taps in the fridge,

1619534516158.png

I want something like this in the bar. At house the rest in the "brewery" end.

If I were to get a large chest freezer, and run a python line to the above taps would that do the job? we're talk perhaps 2m distance here. Or, do I need a seperate cooler like a 6 line maxi or similar.

If I get a 6 line maxi cooler, do I need the chest freezer? can I just stand the kegs in the garage, run them through the maxi and straight into the above?

If I do the above image, I gain loads of room in the bar, and have the ability to have more on tap - but of course I need to store the kegs somewhere which then takes space from the brewery end.. so the maxi solution would be ideal if it works, but then the chest freezer wouldn't be bad if I can use a python line to the taps and still have room for extra kegs in the keezer (and bottles etc)

any thoughts on this would be great - or if someone has something like the above that would also be interesting to see.

I have my kegs in a chest freezer which is boxed in to my bar, the taps are above it with about 1m max outside the freezer, no python/insulation etc. Pics below. I get a little bit of foam on first pour if the tap hasn’t been used for a bit but the beer is usually ok and at desired temp after 1/2 pint poured. Not sure if there was more line outside the freezer how it would do. Don’t have any experience with line coolers though sorry.
C40E56F7-EF6D-49C8-8AFB-73463353E303.jpeg
F3B40E08-509D-4356-BDC9-62D23B58C741.jpeg

ahhh we're on the right lines here! how do you access the chest freezer? on wheels? the bar doesn't look like it has a hinge or anything so it's similar to what i'm going for.

The panel on the right side unclips and comes away, the chest freezer is on wheels, something like these.
The taps are just on a wooden panel that is held in place with magnetic cupboard door fittings. I have enough line so when I pull out the freezer for swapping kegs, I don’t usually need to disconnect the taps. If I ever do need to, I’ve just not the line going into a John guest in-line shut off fitting.

My set up is shown in my profile pic. There’s about 50-60cm or so of line in pipe insulation from when it leaves the fridge until it hits the tap. As @StJayJay said, the first mouthful of the evening out of the tap is a bit foamy but after that the next three or four pour fine 😜.

Fantastic. I think I’m there. Love the idea, exactly what I was after so thanks. Plus the wheels are a cheap solution - might attach draw pulls to the sides just to ensure it comes out straight.
My thoughts will still potentially be to use a python line, just to keep it all bound and allow me to use the tap tower or similar as per my photo.
I’ve got 1.7m width to play with. That’s a big enough chest freezer for 12 kegs at a push. But if I can feasibly store 10, and serve on 4-6 I’m happy as anything.
Have to get the kegerator up for sale I think

Latest posts

Back