Home Brew Forum Competition - October 16

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to post my parcel today only to find out that it would cost �£12.80!!
It weighed 2.2k, under 2k and its only �£2.80 crazy or what??
so a repackage is now in order. I think when entering anymore ill make sure I bottle in 330ml to make things easier.

I'm just having the same problem. There's no way I'll get the box under 2kg.
Might have to send them separately to keep costs down???

If it's proving expensive to send them the rules need to change. I'm happy for people to just send one bottle.

I don't want to risk poorly packaged beer so one bottle would be cool.
I'm happy to send two 330ml next time now I know the problem.

2-5kg with Hermes is £5.95.

Still more expensive than <2kg with Royal Mail, but about half the price quoted for >2kg with RM!

I would be interested in getting some feedback on my latest brew.

It is only a week into its warm carbonation (in the bottle). Can we request that our entries can be stored and consumed at the latter end of the 2 weeks? i.e. If I sent the bottle after next week, could you leave it in a colder environment for a week or so and then into the fridge for a couple of days to settle?

I would be interested in getting some feedback on my latest brew.

It is only a week into its warm carbonation (in the bottle). Can we request that our entries can be stored and consumed at the latter end of the 2 weeks? i.e. If I sent the bottle after next week, could you leave it in a colder environment for a week or so and then into the fridge for a couple of days to settle?

It won't be opened until a week or two into November, I'll be trying them all in one sitting...what could go wrong with that? :drunk:

Sorry, I've been moving home and looking for a new job recently, not had much time recently. I will update the rules, but for those wanting to send 1x500ml bottle off for the competition, I'd say do so at your own risk.

sending 2 bottles does mean that there is some insurance in case one breaks in the post, or is a gusher etc. Whilst I would like to think all judges will give participants the benefit of the doubt in all situations, the judges can take out any gushers from the competition. If judges want to have more than one round of sampling, it can be a big help too.

This is of course up to you if you want to pay a bit more for some insurance, or want to save and submit one bottle. Just something to think about.

Buggering buggernuts! Due to delays in my new kitchen, which translate into delays in putting the old kitchen into the brewery, my IPA is looking like it won't make the cut. Moving into a new house is always a bit of an accumulation of delays and disasters and sadly the brewing schedule was put on hold and I just forgot to do an IPA for this until it was too late. I had hoped on a fast ferment but that yeast is working at it's own pace...

Damn shame as previous brews of the recipe have been outstanding.

Bring on the wheat beer! I'll be ready for that one... hopefully.

Buggering buggernuts! Due to delays in my new kitchen, which translate into delays in putting the old kitchen into the brewery, my IPA is looking like it won't make the cut. Moving into a new house is always a bit of an accumulation of delays and disasters and sadly the brewing schedule was put on hold and I just forgot to do an IPA for this until it was too late. I had hoped on a fast ferment but that yeast is working at it's own pace...

Damn shame as previous brews of the recipe have been outstanding.

Bring on the wheat beer! I'll be ready for that one... hopefully.

If it helps, I won't be tasting until 2 weeks in to November by the looks of things and I can keep the bottles in the warm to carb or cool to condition until then if you like?

I'll be sending mine over this week. 1 week into conditioning so should be perfect by the time they are being consumed. Early tastings suggest a good offering. 😁👍

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have one 500ml bottle I'd like to send but probably will have to wait until the 31st October (payday) to send it. Would this be ok? It's a porter which I'm pretty proud of.

Back