Home brew online order and delivery issues Hermes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a refund from HBO today due the parcel being returned to them by Hermes :mad: The sad thing from me was that they didn't offer to send it out with a different courier. So going forward I am going to the local home brew shop it will cost £10 more but at least its less hassle.

I exclusively shop on line and it’s zero hassle. Maybe just use companies with a DPD service such as the the home brew company and the malt miller.

@Clint How can you get someone to refund you if they won't (don't) answer? Plus, if I sent the stuff back they would probably not respond, not refund my money and just pass the dented cans on to someone else.

I'll just stop using them! The loss of my business won't bring Wilko to their knees, but if ever I hear that they are going bankrupt I will at least have a smile on my face!

Complain to your credit card company and ask them to refund you.

American Express are really good and will generally refund you if you have a complaint.

When you're next going near a Wilko store I'd take it there....kick up a right fuss and refuse to leave without your refund...and reimbursement of your postage. Don't take no for an answer!

A few problems to the Wilko saga:
  1. My nearest Wilko is 15 miles away and no longer stocks anything associated with brewing. (Which is why I used t'Internet and got the stuff delivered in the first place.)
  2. I needed the stuff to brew before Christmas and New Year. (Hence the Next Day Delivery.)
  3. Apart from the lateness and the dented cans the product itself was okay and has now been used.
  4. I only complain to my Credit Card provider (Barclaycard) for seriously expensive stuff. After over 40 years, I have complained about four times and they have been superb on all occasions.
I will put it down to experience and not use Wilko again!

I bought a pb last year on holiday from wilko it was on offer, got home tried to screw the tap in it would not as had been cross threaded so yes they do put stuff back on the shelf, I phoned my local store explained what was wrong they said bring it back with the receipt and we will exchange it no quibble

Got another "delivery" from Hermes today!

SWMBO checked the Post Box and discovered a Hermes "You weren't in ..." card to the effect that a parcel had been left in our "Front Porch".

Er ... we don't have a "Front Porch" but as she turned away SWMBO nearly tripped up over a parcel that had been thrown down at the front door; in full view of any person passing by in the street.

Not the end of the world if someone had nicked it (it was a pair of trousers for work) but as we had been at home all morning and as the front door has both a knocker and a doorbell on it the "You weren't in ..." bit of the message was hard to believe!

However, Mea Culpa! I ought to have asked Cotton Traders who they used for delivery; and cancelled the order when they answered "Hermes"!

It's all about time it's less time consuming to just drop the package than wait for a signature. The guys are likely to be on piece rate and paid peanuts so that's a result of rampant capitalism.

Latest posts

Back