Homebrew Convention?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintingken

Reaction score
I have only been brewing for just over a year and only on this forum since last summer. Obviously we have all been locked down for the most part of that. I was wondering if in 'normal times' is there usually a convention/ trade fare or anything similar?

It seems nuts if not. Who doesn't like looking at shiny brewing equipment that you can barely afford? Bulk selling for traders etc...

For clarity, I'm in the UK. I imagine the USA is all over it.

A few years back there used to be the homebrew festivals that spanned a weekend were as much fun you could ever have with your clothes on. The nearest these days is brew con that are again weekend events but where as the festivals you could camp on the site brew con is 2 one day events with a competition and are still a good weekends. As far as I know they are hoping to put on the London event around October, covid permitting. They have put on brew cons in other parts of the country.

Even in the US, they are lessening. There used to be several here in WI. Some were purely homebrew and others had a homebrew section of an otherwise commercial festival. I used to serve my beer at one of them it was great fun.

This forum even used to have an annual one albeit very informal. Forum members would meet up for a weekend, camp, share homebrew, and an awards ceremony at the end for judged beers. I flew over in 2014 for it and had a blast. Even brought some of my saison along. Good times.

Edit:
Found a pic.
20140517_072901.jpg

Last edited:
Even in the US, they are lessening. There used to be several here in WI. Some were purely homebrew and others had a homebrew section of an otherwise commercial festival. I used to serve my beer at one of them it was great fun.

This forum even used to have an annual one albeit very informal. Forum members would meet up for a weekend, camp, share homebrew, and an awards ceremony at the end for judged beers. I flew over in 2014 for it and had a blast. Even brought some of my saison along. Good times.

Edit:
Found a pic.
View attachment 44612

That was one of The Homebrew festivals I was talking about. I believe the first couple did start on this forum, along with Jim's, and then became events on their own. Some of the later ones included lectures by Ron Pattinson and Dr Keith Thomas from Brewlabs. The maltmiller would bring along boxes of bits and pieces to give away. Despite the copious amounts of free beer consumed there was never a hint of trouble. They even had a breathalyzer available before you drove home Sunday morning.

BrewCon London is the the biggest one in the UK I believe. I went to the first one in 2018 but missed 19. It didn't run last year for obvious reasons. I believe the organisers are hoping to be able to go ahead with it in October this year.

https://www.brew-con.co.uk/

I'll be all over that like flies on ****.

Latest posts

Back