Homebrew Forum Wine, Cider & Mead Competition Schedule

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razor

Bearded Brewer
Reaction score
@Chippy_Tea has given me the go ahead to start a competition running concurrently to the one for beer brewing. This means those members who aren't beer makers or drinkers can still take part. I know there are less wine/cider/mead makers but hopefully there are still enough to make this work.

The current competition schedule is shown below. Entries must be delivered to the judge by the end of the competition month and results and feedback will be provided shortly after that date. Each months competition will have it's own thread on this forum so if you want to ask any questions please do so in those threads. If you want to judge a month or style please post below.

Homebrew Forum Wine, Cider & Mead Competition - Style Guide

If you have any suggestions or substitutions for any months please put them forward here.

Feb 17 - Fruit Ciders - @Razor
Mar 17 - Fruit Wines - @Roddy
Apr 17 - Red Wines
May 17 - Traditional Meads
Jun 17 - White wines
Jul 17 - Experimental Ciders
Aug 17 - Other Meads
Sep 17 - Experimental Wines
Oct 17 - Plain Ciders
Nov 17 - Seasonal Wines
Dec 17 - Seasonal Ciders
Jan 18 - Sparkling Wines

This is a rough guideline to get us started if you have another suggestion let me know below.

Sounds good Razor....

Probably a stupid question, but for sending entries to the judge, we just pop a bottle in the post ?

I sent one of my coopers pet bottles, just wrapped up in a bubble wrap/jiffy bag I found lying around

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Looking at the schedule, most ciders made from apples will be ready from April to June, but there's no category for traditional cider at that time of year.

Also, as blending is very important in traditional cider making, it might be good to have something for that, and what about Perry?

Looking at the schedule, most ciders made from apples will be ready from April to June, but there's no category for traditional cider at that time of year.

Also, as blending is very important in traditional cider making, it might be good to have something for that, and what about Perry?

I had included Pear ciders with the other ciders in the style guide.
I had put the traditional cider later in the year to give people time to get it brewed, conditioned and possibly aged. I could move it to earlier in the year if you think it would be better.

Latest posts

Back