Homebrew kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, how long can i leave a Australian PA kit in the fermenter once it has stopped bubbling.
Have you got a hydrometer to measure the specific gravity? If not buy one and check the SG over a couple of days. If it does not change the fermentation is complete.

I don't think it's safe to assume that just because the hydrometer readings have stopped changing, nothing is happening.
Personally I like to leave beer in the FV for a few days (maybe a week) after it's stopped bubbling as I think that gives the yeast time to clear up after itself and reduce any 'off' flavours.
I wouldn't go much longer than a week though at room temp. If it's refrigerated then a couple of weeks would be OK.

I leave the initial fermentation in the FV for a minimum of 2 weeks. Then 2 weeks after bottling for secondary fermentation before leaving the beers out in my garage for a further 2 weeks at least to condition. Works well. 2+2+2

Latest posts

Back