Homebrew Software

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren1973

Reaction score
Good morning everyone, ive been doing a lot of guessing in terms of the right amount of strike water, grain, temp etc etc. Is there any software out the that doesnt cost the earth that does a lot of calculations for you and where you can store recipes etc? Thanks :)

Brewfather is free for up to 10 recipes, you can delete recipes if you wish and replace with new ones and stay below 10. Or else you can pay and have unlimited. The develope is very pro-active and generally answers any problems and there is a very helpful facebook group.

Brewers Friend you get free for 5 recipes but you cannot replace any so once you have done 5 then you need to subscribe

+1 for Brewfather. Free but once you've got it set up for your kit absolutely worth the money for the subscription. £1.99/month. Takes a couple of brews to get the equipment profile in line, but after that I'm on the numbers every time.
I also use it to manage my malt, hops and yeast stock.

I used brewtarget but unfortunately it deleted my entire recipe database for no reason. I then bought beersmith 2 which I still use, it's good once you've worked it out. At least for recipes and mash regimes. The water calc on it is not good though.

Another option that is free is the really excellent brewcipher that is just a spreadsheet. It incorporates the best water calc too. You can get it here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview...jMC00YmM5LTgzN2UtYmNhYzk0ZTg0YWNm&usp=sharing

Back