Homebrew supply deliveries delayed again due to COVID panic buying

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put an order in Tuesday last week and was aware of the situation, it's coming tomorrow with DPD. Given the other times I've used B2B it's arrived within a few days and I was given lots of warning about the delay this time I'm happy with that.

Good prices, they are happy to sponsor this forum and find time to engage with its members means a lot as far as I'm concerned and more than makes up for my order being a few days late. 👍

Thought I'd give you guys an update on todays progress

1605029067155.png

we're getting there... the figure on the left will be higher again by the time we get in tomorrow but we're defintely chipping away at it now.

Festival kits should be here next week, but only the top selling 5-6 lines and quantities will be limited I'm told. I'll post when I know more

Cheers

A simple solution would be, firms are not allowed to take money from accounts until the order is ready for dispatch, you know exactly were you are then
I understand this is the the way Amazon do things and it seems very reasonable. (I'm not trying to be an apologist for Amazon, by the way, although they do have their uses).

xD I treat myself occasionally to the double tin kits but it's mainly the single kits that I buy. Double kits I've found at times to be a bit of gamble. But it's the full itenary that I worry about for you as a business - especially given Xmas is so near. I do agree though, your stuff is selling like hot cakes right now and most likely will be during the time between now and xmas. Any Chocolate Stouts you can get your hands on would be welcome too, I've no doubt those are an Xmas favorite. Haven't tried the Wilko one, was hoping to see a few Xmas festive winter beers in the next week or so =) (Bloody hell Arcs you don't want much! Thanks for the compliment Chippy ;p) hehe

And you're right, Burton Bridge - sorry to say but tried em, and they suck, wouldn't bother stocking them especially as you know they don't sell well =)

Reactions: B2B
Doubt we'll be seeing any of the old Ritchies staples - Burton Bridge, Festival, Solomon Grundy, Butlers, etc. since the takeover...

Doubt we'll be seeing any of the old Ritchies staples - Burton Bridge, Festival, Solomon Grundy, Butlers, etc. since the takeover...
Ritchies were ok, did try a couple of the ones you quoted but meh =(

Why would any new owner abandon product lines that were successful and made a profit and perhaps were one of the reasons for buying or taking over a company in the first place? :confused.:

We have some Festivals by the end of the week fingers crossed.
Solomon Grundy keep coming and going from stock, we're taking around 1000 kits at a time and they last a couple of weeks, there's still a few left and more should be here soon.
Beaverdale kits are also coming back into stock now, we haven't had any in months. My order was raised on the 2nd July and they started arriving last week.

All of these lines will be sticking around, there may be some rebranding of the boxes themselves and the name Rithies replaced but they will be the same products

Got my supplies this morning! Happy, spent two hours racking and brewing. Hopefully next week I will be ordering some more ;D

Reactions: B2B
It goes to show that there are a lot of home brewers out there. I appreciate that people panic buy, but even so there must be thousands and thousands of like minded people around which is good.

I tend to keep a couple of kits in stock anyway, and I have probably 50 odd bottles and a FV that needs bottling this weekend.

Good to see B2B keeping up with it all👍

Last edited:
Well next week i can tolerate the hit of it not being on time as I have now 15 gallon brewing =)

i have about 20kg of minch pale and 7kg of assorted bags, i bought a few wilko kits to keep me going if a grain order is delayed athumb..
and 100 kg of gervin yeast for that secret not so secret attack on selafield ;p

Ordered from The Maltmiller Tuesday evening, arrived 10.30 this morning. Great service as usual.

@Brew2bottle Homebrew ,credit where credit is due and having the gumption to face your customers keeping them updated and not bulsh!tting.Personally I would have no quarrel ordering from yourselves but in times like this I think it's good to keep people in jobs as you well know and are doing.Keep up the good work..:hat:

Back