Hook head malt

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ALWAYS use hookhead because its so cheap for a sack of 25kg. I've used the lager, and ale in the past. Really good price, really good malt

Same here, I always get the 25kg sack of Hook Head malt and it is consistently good.

I mainly use it and THBC now as they/it is much cheaper than the malt miller.

Seems to make decent beer to me.

Just took the plunge and ordered a 25kg sack of pale and a few packs of yeast from HBC, never used it before any feed back on it would be good
It's fine malt. I use it all the time and find it every bit as good as Crisp's flagon (which I get to fill up the weight when I order from geterbrewed). I think malt, on the whole, has come on a long way since I started brewing. I used to get as much as 20% variation between extracts using the same kit with different malts. That doesn't seem to happen now.

Are THBC still offering free delivery over £70 - last time I checked I couldn’t see it - wondered had they removed it due to surge in demand?

Are THBC still offering free delivery over £70 - last time I checked I couldn’t see it - wondered had they removed it due to surge in demand?
Don't know but try filling up your basket to >£70 and start the checkout procedure to see what the delivery charge is.

Latest posts

Back