hop extract alternatives

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The world wide classics come with a bottle that says to add just before pitching the yeast,rhi myself that's too soon and the fermentation will drive most the aromas and flavours off,best on day 3

dad,
the first link is extract,the other is an aroma.
put a dab behind the ear,s before you have a drink?.

The Malt Miller aroma oils seem pretty good, although I usually use them in conjunction with normal dry hopping for an extra hop hit.
I'm gonna try them as the sole 'dry hop' in my next brew so will let you know how it turns out.

https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=25

Interesting to hear how that one goes. Like you I’ve always done it in conjunction with a dry hop and kegs hop bags.

My last one was the mega cascade SMaSH I made and kegged before I ruined my body by starting to build a brewshed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting to hear how that one goes. Like you I’ve always done it in conjunction with a dry hop and kegs hop bags.

Gonna try it in a remake of my table beer recipe, which isn't a hop bomb but had about 80g pellets for a dry hop last time - I want to reuse the yeast cake though so don;t want hops in the FV

My last one was the mega cascade SMaSH I made and kegged before I ruined my body by starting to build a brewshed.

Wise though to keg before starting the shed so at least you've got a beer to look forward to after a days graft :cheers: how much cascade did you use?

Latest posts

Back