Hop & Grape Mash Tun

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No disrespect to the H&G but i asked to see this when i wanted one, and wasnt impressed. Its nothing that you couldnt make yourself IMO. Other people may have different opinions though :thumb:

been using mine for around 2 years now also from h and g , only things to note are try to drape an extra blanket over it just to help it retain heat and i've just had to replace tap threads eventually went but its had some use so no complaints at all :thumb:

Vossy1 said:
Does anyone here use one of theses? Comments?
A lot of folk use them, whether they make their own or buy ready made, I used to have one (own made) many moons ago, they'll do the job grand :thumb:

I'm just about to order the cool box from Amazon for £15. Add £15ish of parts and you have exacylt the same thing for half the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was what point i was trying to make, you can save money by making one yourself. Thats what i did and its fine. Like Mr.Everready said it works out half the price.

It all comes down to your DIY skills and available tools/kit. I tend to make it myself as a. it is cheaper and b. I have all the tools necessary but if someone didn't have access to drills/tools and copper it is a lot easier to splash the cash (as the saying goes) and cheaper in the short term (you don't have to buy drills tools etc)

Given the current cost of copper it is probably cheaper to buy older bits than it is to buy the copper to make them. e.g. if you can buy a cooler for £35/40 and it is £40 for the copper :wha:

Latest posts

Back