Hop recommendation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good evening!
So I wanted to brew a session but I had run out of Styrian AND the local HBSS had none. Biggest in the EU but no Styrian. Mkay.

So Plan 2: see attachment. Now, it's a pale ale but I'd like to dryhop it. I could add another 19 grams of Target (what would be on te low side because 2-5 grams per liter are average) BUT I could double dryhop. Which one of these hops would fit next to a Target addition?
Ahtanum
Amarillo
Bramling Cross
Cascade
Centennial
Citra
East Kent Goldings
Fuggles
Hallertau Mittelfruh
Nelson Sauvin
Northern Brewer
Polaris
Saaz
Simcoe
Target
Willamette
Screenshot_2018-05-12-11-53-47.png

I think most brewers would usually use Target as a bittering hop, the aroma qualities probably arent most peoples cup of tea, being quite savoury/spicy with a bit of citrus. Looking at your list you have some cracking hops for dry hopping, as an alternative to Target. Although, Fuggle and East Kent Goldings would probably complement them in a classic British way. Fuggle and East Kent Goldings would also be a substitute for Styrian Goldings. The hallertau mittlefruh or saaz might work well with the target.

Did you mean Saison or Session in your original post?

Latest posts

Back