• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Hop swap?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cononthebarber

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hey all, I have some pellet hops which I can't use as they block up my hop strainer...they aren't really much use for dry-hopping so does anyone want to swap? I would prefer some leaf hops in exchange but all other offers will be considered.

Thanks in advance,

C

Hops:

Saaz Pellets - 100g unopened sealed vacuum packet
Hallertau Hersbrucker (pellets) - opened but frozen packet - approx 60g
Styrian Goldings (pellets) - opened but frozen packet - approx 180g - NOW GONE

I thought I would try and rekindle this thread, noone has shown an interest as yet, but as TST 2014 nears there may be more interest and I can bring the hops along to anyone who is interested in a swap?

I use the SS braid stuff which works really well with leaf hops but it just can't handle pellets unfortunately. Tried it twice now and had a real hassle with it getting blocked and having to syphon the wort off through a sieve which is not ideal :lol:

I like the look of your strainer looks like a neat job :thumb:

Cononthebarber said:
I use the SS braid stuff which works really well with leaf hops but it just can't handle pellets unfortunately. Tried it twice now and had a real hassle with it getting blocked and having to syphon the wort off through a sieve which is not ideal :lol:

I like the look of your strainer looks like a neat job :thumb:

yup the braided type i had was a nightmare too :doh:
y8cp.jpg
[/URL]

now i can throw any amount of hops whole or pellet into the brew :thumb:

m4k3.jpg
[/URL]
:drink:

If you still have the Styrian if interested could swap with some marynka if interested ?

scott-ayling said:
If you still have the Styrian if interested could swap with some marynka if interested ?

Sounds good to me, never heard of that hop so would be good to try something new :thumb:

Latest posts

Back