Hop Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtrog

(Not so) Senior Member
Reaction score
After buying two big bags of hops from TST, even though I don't make a great deal of beer (though I am brewing some up), I decided I'd try CJJ Berry's recipe for hop wine.
So after an hour's boiling, noticing I didn't have any wine yeast in, phoning my dad to get some, noticing that the sg was way too low (I forgot about the lack of sugar in hops, numpty that I am), massing around to get a decent sg, finally getting the yeast. The must smells somewhat like Thornbridge Jaipur (if you've ever had it), very IPA like (not the best of things for me, I don't like IPAs :lol: ), not much airlock activity yet, but here's hoping it turns out alright :D

I made some hop wine a while back.

Had about 3l leftover wort from and APA. Boiled up a load of sugar with some raisins and some fuggles I had lying around. Yeast and nutrient.

Turned out lovely, so I'm told...

DirtyC

Hi I done three batches of hop, baby carrot and peach. 1st one was very sweet and fruity (lovely) second two were dryer, as I added more amylase to cope with the unfermentable sugars in the carrots (still lovely tho)! 13g fuggles hops, 400g baby carrots, 3 tins value peaches, 2tsp pectolase, 2tsp amylase, 1ltr red grape juice 1.5kg sugar soaked for a week (this was the sweet one) Oh and I used a Lavin's k1-v1116 yeast (my new standard yeast) This will ferment down to below 6deg C! (made a starter and put it in the fridge to use later, and it just kept going)!!!

Latest posts

Back