Hops group buy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divrack

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi many of you have done this in the past with me.

Long and the short of it is I'm planning to buy as few 5kg sacks of hops and split them up into 250g vac sealed bags (this is nominal 250 actually 225but there's often a bit of shrinkage and it helps keep postage under whole postage rates.

Now I've tried to do a free for all voting on what people might want to buy but that's a bit of a messy nightmare in practice, so I will give a rough list and I'll take a temp check of what people are after but I'm thinking one or two uk/noble hop options but I'll need good take up so I'm not left with 8 kilos of saaz.. two or three American big boys and maybe one new Zealand. I'm going to probably use c faram. I will upload the current list.

Now basically pricing will be cost rounded up to the nearest fiver approximately including a couple quid for the not inconsiderable hassle of bagging up a million hops and going to the postie. Typically this would mean that a bulk hop price of 30 per kg as listed by c faram might cost 45 per kilo posted something like ekg might be 20 posted. Bear in mind it's individually wrapped and I'm in the Highlands so I have to pay extra shipping, but. anyway. Of you think it's a bad deal don't ask or better yet you do it and I'll buy it from you, I promised myself I wouldn't do this again so much hassle it is but that was when I had a **** tonne of hops.

My initial thinking is 5 each of ekuanot citra centennial first gold saaz and some nz dual purpose

Oh and this is VERY IMPORTANT!

by all means reply and ask general questions in this thread but if you are making a definite order please message me as otherwise your order will get lost and also VERY IMPORTANT please if you are ordering give me all your postage details in the order so I'm not trawling all over the shop putting it together.

Also if anyone wants oils or enzyme or products they have a bunch

Attachments

• Spot hop price list - UK 2021 (updated 24.08.2021) GBP.pdf
    231.1 KB · Views: 151
Ok
No responses so I just went ahead and ordered
Riwaka
Citra
Ekuanot
Pilgrim

Riwaka is expensive but it's hard to find anywhere for homebrewers. I think It is 47a kilo so it'll be probably 55 posted

Citra and ekuanot I think it's about 30 so 35 maybe 40 posted.
Pilgrim will be 15 or 20 posted. I haven't got the invoice for them so I'll update more precisely when I know all the costs.

Hope some of you want some or I'll be making some hoppy damn beer for a while!

Long and the short of it is I'm planning to buy as few 5kg sacks of hops and split them up into 250g vac sealed bags (this is nominal 250 actually 225but there's often a bit of shrinkage and it helps keep postage under whole postage rates.

Now I've tried to do a free for all voting on what people might want to buy but that's a bit of a messy nightmare in practice, so I will give a rough list and I'll take a temp check of what people are after but I'm thinking one or two uk/noble hop options but I'll need good take up so I'm not left with 8 kilos of saaz.. two or three American big boys and maybe one new Zealand. I'm going to probably use c faram. I will upload the current list.

Now basically pricing will be cost rounded up to the nearest fiver approximately including a couple quid for the not inconsiderable hassle of bagging up a million hops and going to the postie. Typically this would mean that a bulk hop price of 30 per kg as listed by c faram might cost 45 per kilo posted something like ekg might be 20 posted. Bear in mind it's individually wrapped and I'm in the Highlands so I have to pay extra shipping, but. anyway. Of you think it's a bad deal don't ask or better yet you do it and I'll buy it from you, I promised myself I wouldn't do this again so much hassle it is but that was when I had a **** tonne of hops.

My initial thinking is 5 each of ekuanot citra centennial first gold saaz and some nz dual purpose

by all means reply and ask general questions in this thread but if you are making a definite order please message me as otherwise your order will get lost and also VERY IMPORTANT please if you are ordering give me all your postage details in the order so I'm not trawling all over the shop putting it together.

Made a typo there, won't be 15 above
The price list you posted was very informative though.
My standard ale hops (EKG, fuggles & bramling X were not expensive)
Yea local hops are a great price. I would actually like to get more of them I've just found low take-up in the past and was left with seven kilo of ekg and fuggles, whereas the American stuff flew out.. sad!

I'm sure I can change the order if anyone else wants to go in on some ekg or something. It's not expensive.

Btw though I ended up going with brookhouse hops. Slightly cheaper

I'm interested in half pockets (no need to rebag as I have plenty of spare foil pockets) of Goldings, Bramling X. Northern Brewer and Challenger.

Latest posts

Back