Hops in a pint

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope but I have added hop tea from a cafetiere. In fact I did so today.

I read something about getting a bud (lite) and dry hopping it with a couple of hop pellets ten recap the bottle. I think a couple of forumites tried it but the pellet bits created nucleation points and so lots of foam

Not actually adding direct to the glass, but I have had beers served through a Randall/hop rocket. Basically an infusion device filled with hops (or fruit etc), placed between keg and tap. I've also used a cafetiere to replicate this with hops and a bottle of beer, this works best with highly carbonated styles as some is lost through the process.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

As per above for the hop tea. Had a desperate weekend a few months back with only bud to drink ( left over from a party). Remembered some hops in the freezer so got the cafetiere out. Nice way of getting to know hops actually.

Not actually adding direct to the glass, but I have had beers served through a Randall/hop rocket. Basically an infusion device filled with hops (or fruit etc), placed between keg and tap. I've also used a cafetiere to replicate this with hops and a bottle of beer, this works best with highly carbonated styles as some is lost through the process.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
I have a Randall and reccomend to use it sparingly with the hops as too many will spoil the beer taste.keep the Randall charged with less than 20 Gram of hops

IMG_20170917_134956701.jpg
After picking from my own hop plant last year I noticed a few stray hop cones I'd missed and chucked them in a pint just for fun. Not sure it added much.

I wasn't a fan of my first brew, a Coopers original series lager kit brewed with 1kg of dextrose, so I tried hopping the glass a few times by adding a pellet or two (Nelson Sauvin I think!) to a single cup steel tea infuser (the steel mesh type) then steeping it in the glass for a bit. The result was pretty good, it certainly made it hoppier, a little fine hop debris escaped the infuser but I found it drinkable.

Last edited:
I have a Randall and reccomend to use it sparingly with the hops as too many will spoil the beer taste.keep the Randall charged with less than 20 Gram of hops
I've got this fob detector (pic) and was thinking about taking out the float and using it as a randall, maybe put the hops in a bag. Is there much to doing it? Does the pint have to sit for a while or anything? I'd possibly have to add a little extra pipe inside to feed the beer into the top.

mp551025-fob-1_1.jpg

P
Thats the thing I read. As I say, I dont think it works very well in reality

Rather than using bud light why not just make a very neutral pale ale and bottle. Then carry on the same. Think it would give a much better evaluation of those hops . And you won’t have to buy bud.

Back