Hops in tins

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 81.0%

• Total voters
That’s a little bit too small, would only be able to fit about 10 fermenters in that with 10 kegs

hahahahaha!! pmsl...
@Norfolk79
off subject pal....when coming back to my old haunting ground (East Dereham, fakenham etc.) ill bell you n maybe could meet up for a cuppa...you can always be out mind!!! haha!
pm your details if ya want......
bri

We are looking to sell our hops in airtight tins! the tins will be resealable great for storage. I find that I'm left with a number of open foil packs so we thought this could be a good solution. I would like to ask the forum their opinions? An example of tin and design is below
jjjjjjj.jpg
No from me too, l keep my spare hops in airtight cliplock boxes. They stack up nice on a shelf that way.

Thank you all for your feedback. There are some great points here. We feel the craft beer industry has moved on leaps and bounds, we are proud of our ingredients and would like it to give it the gravitas we believe it deserves. Points on freshness are very valid and something we will be testing - perhaps with the help from this board?

Freshness, is the key point here. I think the expectation now is hops should be vacuum packed in mylar pouches and easily stored in a freezer, anything else would possibly be viewed with scepticism. Freshness, however, is probably also your USP. The supply chain from the big hop growers to homebrewers is a drawn out process, I guess we have to wait for the leftovers from hop contracts to trickle down to homebrew shops to get, at best, the previous years harvest. If as a small producer you can supply a harvest direct within weeks or months, that may be more appealing than any packaging. I'm not sure what the result would be given seasonal differences, but it sure would be interesting to compare hops "farm fresh" as opposed to a year or two old.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'd rather have a vacuum packed pouch,no tin for me. Sounds like a great project though, i'm definitely interested in fresher hops, thumbs up!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Back