Hosepipe ban.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The BBC are showing pictures of low water levels and the experts are discussing much drier start to the year i guess the ban in imminent.

1658865265931.png

The period between January and June this year was the driest in England since 1976, the Met Office has said.
With water levels running low, the National Drought Group met on Tuesday to discuss how to cope with conditions.
The group stopped short of declaring a drought but water companies have been putting the early stages of their drought plans into action by urging people to save water.
It comes after the UK's record temperature was broken last week.
Conditions have been particularly dry in the south-east of England with the west, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland seeing lower temperatures and more rainfall.
Officials from bodies including the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra), the Environment Agency, the National Farmers' Union and the Country Land and Business Association have met with water companies to discuss how to protect supplies.
They are urging people not to waste water after months of below average rainfall, but no restrictions on usage have been put in place in England.

Environment Agency executive director Harvey Bradshaw, who chairs the National Drought Group, said the group would continue to monitor the situation with further dry weather forecast for August.
Nowhere in England is currently considered "in drought" but most of the country except for the north-west has moved into "prolonged dry weather" status, with low river flows which can impact farmers and wildlife.
Months of below-average rainfall has also led to low groundwater levels, dry soils and low reservoir levels.

Full article - UK weather: Driest start to year in England since 1976

1658865447065.png

1658865315483.png

Hmmmm….

Down the road in Jackfield early in the year. Nearly bought that flooded house front left 20yrs ago!

1658866082541.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm surprised that there hasn't been any water restrictions yet. It's been dry for months.

I think it is time to start talking plastic restrictions and chemicals and a load of other stuff, and you get world leaders who use the immortal phrase well with hindsight we could have done better, hindsight is nobody's friend once all the dots are joined it's to late, but as long the share holders get there divvy what doe's it matter, restrictions or not i am still brewing, when they turn the pipes off that fill our rivers and coast lines with ***** i will listen

We cannot afford it we have no spare cash ;)
Neither could we, then we got a labor government in they borrowed the money and built ir now they are talking of building another one! Our whole state is the same size as England, you have 50% more people again in London than we have in the whole of Victoria. I would like to know where all this water is going.

Oh yeah, bring on the Angel Delight 🤞🤞🤞
ooooh yes Butterscotch flavour for me please !😋

Had to laugh this morning on the BBC the drought snippet was promptly followed by the weather lady Carole saying that it will rain later in the week!
I can't help but feel the media do love to dramatise anything these days.

…... I would like to know where all this water is going.
Er … my local water company (Anglian Water) is mostly owned by Australian and Canadian Pension Funds.

In view of the UK’s “Zero Carbon Emissions” policy (and the excessive number of tankers it will create) the money sent over to fund the water project in Australia may be exchanged for tankers full of water to alleviate our drought!
:D

Er … my local water company (Anglian Water) is mostly owned by Australian and Canadian Pension Funds.

In view of the UK’s “Zero Carbon Emissions” policy (and the excessive number of tankers it will create) the money sent over to fund the water project in Australia may be exchanged for tankers full of water to alleviate our drought!
:D
Macquarie Group from Australia have recently bought a water authority in the UK. I think the Poms have short memories of the last time Macquarie Group ran a water authority in the UK. Left it in a right state.

Latest posts

Back