Hot Weather Grrrrrr

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
As much as I like sitting in the sun, I don't think my fermenting beer "Harvest Gold" has enjoyed it, the garage where it's fermenting has been up to 25 degrees :x

Is it gonna be knackered :?

this is gunna seriously bugger up my 5 gallons of wine too... i'm supposed to be bottling it next week, and as i understand it wine in bottles doesnt like it much past 15c.... feck :cry:

hehe i spent my afternoon at work on freecycle trying to urgently source a chest freezer and or a fridge. also found a half decent ATC800 too, but no point getting the controller until i have something to control :cry:

Wez said:
As much as I like sitting in the sun, I don't think my fermenting beer "Harvest Gold" has enjoyed it, the garage where it's fermenting has been up to 25 degrees :x

Is it gonna be knackered :?

I kegged a brew two weeks ago that was at 35C when I pitched the 4 packs of Nottingham.

In the morning it had dropped to around 25C.

It tastes great so I would not worry too much about it Wez.

I too want a cold store but for the time being have to make do with the hallway which gets a lot of Sun and hovers around 23C or higher on a hot day!

Look at the brews positively, at least you possibly get to experiment with fruity esters and they may compliment your ales, as opposed to detracting from them :cool:

Could try putting one fermenter inside another and putting cold water in the external one.. throwing ice in as needed every morning?

Latest posts

Back