house prices

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnybeer

Reaction score
My daughter, S-I-L and grandaughter live in an Barrets built, 3 bed detached house, 4 years old in Nth. Essex. It was valued at £245000 6 months ago and put on the market 3 months later. They had several lookers and no bids.

2 weeks ago they found what they were looking for and although realising the market had dropped they didn't realise how much until the agent said, ' to generate interest in yours I think we should have an open day and put it up for £197000'

WTF has happened,£48000 drop in 6 months!!! :hmm:

Needless to say the s-i-l told them where to stick it.

Looks like they're staying put at the mo.

Thats Outrageous! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

We're in a similar boat, I want to go and get a larger house in a nearby village but we'd loose too much right now on this one :evil:

Another thing to watch out for is the 'add ons'

Bairstow thieves ooops, Eves said £490 for a H.I.P.

Right up my street, we got it for £195, got 75% of the info. from the Land Registery.

jb.

Estate agents are like Dick Turpin with a load of 'for sale' signs

Yeah, Helen's Parents are trying to sell one of their houses (Grandparents house), was on the market last year at 225, prepared to drop to 200, but the last offer they had in march was 185 and the estate agent said they weren't likely to get better. Advised them to let it on a short term rolling lease, for 18months or so and see what the market does then.

Shame really, can't help seeing a commercial brewery every time we go past the house :lol:

They were advised to consider renting it out, agent saying because it's more difficult for 1st timers to buy they are renting.
Trouble is you need to find another deposit as 110% mortages are a thing of the past.

jb.

Latest posts

Back