How and when to add extra fruit flavours to cider kits please?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bootcutboy

Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve got a couple of Magnum Strawberry cider kits to make that I picked up cheap but all the reviews say that there is hardly any strawberry taste at all, The taste is mainly grape.
So I want to add some extra fruit flavour to it but I have no idea whatsoever how to go about this other than I’ve read somewhere that people often add Ribena.

What is the best and safest (bacteria wise) way of adding lots of flavour? Real fruit? Fruit essence? Fruit juice? And at what stage would these get added?

I do have 320g frozen blackberries left from last summers crop and I think I would like to use them in the first strawberry cider kit, but as it’s real fruit that’s been frozen how and when would I add this to the kit process please? I am guessing I need to boil the berries and strain the juice?

I am hoping to nail the adding of flavours in the future so if anyone can help at all with any advice I would be very interested to hear what you have to say.

cheers guys!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back