how can i connect pub cylinder co2 to s30 fitting barrel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helluvatractor

Reaction score
Hi guys, I know this may have been asked before, but I couldn't find a definitive answer, and a lot were very old posts, so I am thinking things may have been developed since.

I have a 2 corny setup with a small pub co2 cylinder.

Is there any way I can get the co2 from the pub cylinder into a pressure barrel with a s30 valve ?

Is there any kind of adapter on the market yet ?

Hi guys, I know this may have been asked before, but I couldn't find a definitive answer, and a lot were very old posts, so I am thinking things may have been developed since.

I have a 2 corny setup with a small pub co2 cylinder.

Is there any way I can get the co2 from the pub cylinder into a pressure barrel with a s30 valve ?

Is there any kind of adapter on the market yet ?

Very old posts? This thread started 5 days ago!

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=45279

Cheers,
Chris

Yeh, I wrote this in one rather breathless paragraph:

You can see the topmost budget barrel is connected to a gas line via a Midget Widget barrel connector (linked in previous post) to the barrel's S30 valve.

The tube from this goes into a JG 5/16 tube to 3/8 stem fitting. The stem goes into a 3/8 shut-off valve. The valve is shut during secondary fermentation, because the lower valve rubber on the S30 has to be removed to allow CO2 in.

Without that valve rubber, the S30 is 2 way, and would lose pressure. When serving the beer, it's connected to 3/8 gas line to maintain low 'blanket' pressure (3 or 4 psi)

I should explain that the removed valve rubber deals with high pressure from the S30 cylinder. It would stop low pressure from a pub cylinder getting through

Prob is (as I said elsewhere in the post) that Midget Widget stopped making the barrel connectors for S30 valves. Copies are available, but 3 or 4 times the price.

The good news is, having switched from barrels to (mainly) cornies, I have a few lying around, up to and including the shut-off valve. PM me if interested.

Cheers,
Chris

Latest posts

Back