How can this be

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the tap its dripping, i', just going to drink it i have some spare taps, luckily its only a slow leak its a bloody lovely drink one of the best i have done but hey ho i still have the recipe
If you lay the pb on its side so that the tap is uppermost, then vent the pb through the tap, you can then remove the tap to find out what the problem is or just replace it. You will of course have to repressurise and let it all settle again. But as @Clint has said the 'proper' off position is at 90* to the axis of the tap bore.

I like your idea Terry i would never think of that, i will look in the morning i really do not want to lose this brew its is so good, i only brewed it on the 6th so 10 days and it was such a simple brew

this... I bottled at 1.012 - the yeast tops out around 6-7% IMO

17/02/2020 brew 56 - no-gaarden - belgian wit
100g tettnanger 10 min boil - 30 mins flameout
2.5 kg wheat malt extract
750g gs
2 litres orange juice asda from concentrate
mj belgian m21 wit yeast.
21.5 litres pitched at 23c
1.060-1.012 = 6.3%
140g wilkos brewing sugar in 20.5 litres for priming.

Mrs is drinking one every night - unheard of! - brother in law nudged me for a few extras...
I call it no-gaarden because at 6.3% and very drinkable you won't care if you have a gaarden on not during the lockdown.
What is 750g of gs?

My dad uses a pressure barrel, he sometimes bottles a few from the PB tap if he wants to get a different beer in there or of it's leaking.. Bit of extra sugar in the bottle and leave it to carb up again. It's not ideal but could get you out of losing it out of the leak.

Latest posts

Back