How do I get my corny to work!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just set up my corny, the pressure gauge is steady at 30 psi but the other gauge is showing 0 and its a new bottle, any suggestions???????????

yes, there is gas in the corny.
the only thing i am now finding hard to understand is how i regulate the gas flow so that i can leave the gas on and maintain a steady 20 psi in the corny.

You see the screw in the middle of the corny? - All you do is tighten / loosen that to what pressure you want. I leave myn on all the time at about 1 bar.

crE said:
You see the screw in the middle of the corny? - All you do is tighten / loosen that to what pressure you want. I leave myn on all the time at about 1 bar.

Slight correction - (sorry crE :oops: ) and to convert it to pounds per square inch (dependant on temperature), which I believe most regulators are now gauged in:

You see the screw in the middle of the regulator? - All you do is tighten / loosen that to what pressure you want. I leave mine on all the time at about 12 psi (at 12 degrees C).

is there a correct PSI to keep my TC at?
i want to give it some fizz, i am currently keeping it at 20 PSI, the temperature in the garage is about freezing, it is cold out.

Jonnyv said:
Slight correction - (sorry crE :oops: ) and to convert it to pounds per square inch (dependant on temperature), which I believe most regulators are now gauged in:

Apologies! I meant regulator :D , I'm new to cornies obviously!

Yes myns about 12psi. It has BARS on the gauge too, it just turns out 12psi seems to be 1 bar. I'll use PSI in the future!

pansub said:
is there a correct PSI to keep my TC at?
i want to give it some fizz, i am currently keeping it at 20 PSI, the temperature in the garage is about freezing, it is cold out.
You may find that it's too fizzy if you leave it at 20PSI in the garage. I personally would drop it to 10PSI and leave it at that.

Back