How do you relax with a homebrew?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG - when I go round someone's house and help them with the cooking** and you find out the sharpest fekkin thing they've got to butterfly a chicken breast with is a bloody ice-cream scoop - it drives me mad. I've bought knives so so many people, making sure to include the coin to pay me back because I've had nonsense you could liken to mental abuse driven into me.

I also keep gravy browning in the car in case some chancer wants to use granules and take a 9/10 Sunday dinner down to a 5. After a gravy granule dinner I need a lot of relaxing after all the swearing I do on the drive home.

**more likely I've stormed the castle because I'm not putting up with any more of their insipid muck.
I hate blunt knives. When I go to my parents they have hundreds of knives, all of which struggle cutting through an onion, I don't know how they live with themselves.

I'm always sharpening our knives at home, my wife says she doesn't notice. I have this horrible dystopian view of her world if I wasn't there where she does cooking with blunt knives.

Had some fun putting down how I relax up on page one. More interested now in what I don't do, while under the influence of a home brew:

1. Golf
2. Beer making
3. knife throwing

I've heard more than one person say they play better with a few in them. Personally, I think: tiny ball, tiny surface to hit and tiny club face zooming through the air to hit an exact spot. I enjoyed the heck out of the 19th hole though.

I think someone was alluding to DWB--drinking while brewing--and had, possibly, a fairly serious accident? I would hate to dump a boiling kettle of wort on my cat but that's not why I don't sip home brews while brewing. I don't because I'd be pretty mad at myself if I left out a pack of hops or forgot to do something else important.

Had some fun putting down how I relax up on page one. More interested now in what I don't do, while under the influence of a home brew:

1. Golf
2. Beer making
3. knife throwing

I've heard more than one person say they play better with a few in them. Personally, I think: tiny ball, tiny surface to hit and tiny club face zooming through the air to hit an exact spot. I enjoyed the heck out of the 19th hole though.

I think someone was alluding to DWB--drinking while brewing--and had, possibly, a fairly serious accident? I would hate to dump a boiling kettle of wort on my cat but that's not why I don't sip home brews while brewing. I don't because I'd be pretty mad at myself if I left out a pack of hops or forgot to do something else important.
Golf is definitely easier and more enjoyable if you have 4 or 5 cans in the buggy with you.

Golf is definitely easier and more enjoyable if you have 4 or 5 cans in the buggy with you.
It is sort of the tradition here as well. I never paid the extra money for a cart and I'm pretty sure I never played at a fancy enough course where they make you use a cart. That big pocket in the golf bag was plenty big enough for my friends to carry their beers though.

It is sort of the tradition here as well. I never paid the extra money for a cart and I'm pretty sure I never played at a fancy enough course where they make you use a cart. That big pocket in the golf bag was plenty big enough for my friends to carry their beers though.
My golf bag has a cool box in it which can hold 6 x Pint cans! So I usually chuck some ice packs in there and 6 beers for my brother and I when we play. We only usually have a buggy on the big ones. Played the Nicholas course down Plymouth a few weekends ago as a 30th birthday present for him, golf weekender. £140 per round! It needed a buggy, 5 hour round with the buggy. Most beautiful course I've ever been too.

I occasionally play golf with my dad, I've only played about 4 times in 2 years but it's quite fun, I feel like it would be more fun with a few beers, no one else seems to do that at the club though.

My golf bag has a cool box in it which can hold 6 x Pint cans! So I usually chuck some ice packs in there and 6 beers for my brother and I when we play. We only usually have a buggy on the big ones. Played the Nicholas course down Plymouth a few weekends ago as a 30th birthday present for him, golf weekender. £140 per round! It needed a buggy, 5 hour round with the buggy. Most beautiful course I've ever been too.
Never been on a really nice golf course but I have been on a professional baseball field here and the outfield looks kind of like a perfect fairway, almost a putting green. It's amazing what a crew can do with a surface.
However, I imagine the place you're talking about would blow my mind.
Not kidding when I say half the fun for me going to a pro game is how great of shape the field is in.

love sitting in my bar have a few beers and listing to some music. can't beat it.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1215.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1215.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 114
I would hate to dump a boiling kettle of wort on my cat but that's not why I don't sip home brews while brewing. I don't because I'd be pretty mad at myself if I left out a pack of hops or forgot to do something else important.

Mistake the yeast for the Irish Moss so it gets boiled for 10 minutes? aheadbutt

I had spare yeast, and the dead-yeast-addition worked as nutrient so there. But ffs.... never again.

Mistake the yeast for the Irish Moss so it gets boiled for 10 minutes? aheadbutt
I had spare yeast, and the dead-yeast-addition worked as nutrient so there. But ffs.... never again.
That's really funny but only because it didn't ruin a batch. I know, technically, beer brewing is fairly forgiving but I like the variable "Brewer's BAC" during the process to always be zero. BAC--blood alcohol content. IIRC, you guys do it a little differently but maybe not.

Back