How do you stick your labels onto bottles.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stu123

Reaction score
I use school pva glue from tesco , watered down 50/50 with water. Paint back of label, if you inkjet print runs you are using too much.
the labels soak Off easily in water.
good luck

I don't like soaking off labels, so I write on the lids instead. Not as pretty and I can only fit an acronym, but it's a system that works for now.

I've got some vinyl labels which are waterproof. Permanent marker erases with ethanol. I use them several times.

I’ve been using these, and printing them out on my inkjet. A quick 15min soak in hot water and they just slide off. Any adhesive that’s left behind is easily removed with a scotchbrite.

Like @Cheshire Cat I identify by the colour of the cap, and have recently made a board using a £1.99 chalk board from the Range and small magnets for the caps so I can change them. Cost about £4 in total, plus the liquid chalk pens.
IMG_20200507_170814202.jpg

I saw an old post on this forum the other day where someone used an old printing press to make the label and milk to stick it on. It's the sort of thing I look at and think "life's too short" but then very quickly think "... now, where can I get hold of an old printing press..."

Just a label stuck to the crate. If I want a couple of posh bottles to give away I print a label on a laser printer and stick it on with milk.

Latest posts

Back