How full

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbo1982

Reaction score
Might sound like a daft question but when bottling how close to full should a bottle be filled? I know it will need to be close to the very top but is to the bottom of the threads enough? Should mention, the bottles will be 500ml pet bottles.

Cheers

Jim

That's fine - I use a bottler attached to my auto syphon. The bottler let's out the beer when put inside the bottle and pressed against the bottom. When the beer reaches the top of the bottle, simply remove the bottler and it leaves you with just the right amount of space in the neck.

Yep although the one I have fits to a tap rather than a ssyphon tube. I think you can get them for quite a bit less than that price too, sure I've seen them for 3 quid. I got mine with my bucket thankfully.

Nice one guys. I got one. Paid a tenner with postage but not bothered if it will make it easier.

Yep they are great and just at someone says when the beer reaches the top of the bottle as you take the bottler out it will leave the same amount of space every bottle, perfect everytime.

Latest posts

Back